Baker’s one-bowl German sweet chocolate brownies (1997)
Never send a cookie to do a brownie’s job! These easy German sweet chocolate brownies are deliciously indulgent, and have a coconut-nut topping.
Get the recipe card below the vintage ad.
- 4 ounces Baker's Germans Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, divided, optional
- 3-1/2 ounces Baker's Angel Flake Coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 (F) -- 325 (F) for a glass baking dish.
- Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. (Or melt chocolate and butter in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth.)
- Stir 1/2 cup of the brown sugar into chocolate until well blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour and 1/2 cup of the pecans until well blended. Spread in prepared pan.
- Mix coconut, remaining brown sugar and pecans in same bowl.
- Stir in milk until well blended. Spoon evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool in pan. Cut into 16 slices.
*If omitting nuts, increase coconut to 2-2/3 cups (one 7-oz. pkg.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.