Divine decadence: Vintage double dark brownie recipe, made with Baker’s chocolate
Double dark brownie pie (1987)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 8 squares (8 ounces) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (separated)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Grease and flour 9-inch layer cake pan.
- In large saucepan, bring corn syrup and butter to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Add 5 squares (5 ounces) chocolate, stir until melted.
- Add sugar, stir in eggs one at a time, then vanilla, flour and nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake in 350 (F) oven for 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove; cool completely on rack.
- Prepare glaze; In small saucepan, melt remaining 3 squares (3 ounces) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons corn syrup and 1 teaspoon milk.
- Heat corn syrup, butter & chocolate in saucepan on medium heat.
- Turn off flame as soon as all the chocolate is melted.
- Thoroughly mix in milk.
- Spread evenly atop the brownie and let glaze cool.
- Pour on top and spread on sides.
- Let stand 1 hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 705Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 4gSugar: 78gProtein: 8g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Double dark brownie vintage recipe card