Classic almond macaroon brownies recipe
Create your own masterpiece today — like these delicious almond macaroon brownies, made with fresh, moist Baker’s coconut and fresh, natural almonds.
Almond macaroon brownies
Yield: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups Baker's Angel Flake coconut
- 1 cup Dole whole natural almonds
- 6 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Calumet baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter until softened; beat in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Stir in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and coconut.
- Reserve 16 almonds for garnish; chop remaining.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
- Set aside.
- Stir 5 squares chocolate and remaining butter over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining chopped almonds.
- Spread chocolate batter in greased 8-inch square pan.
- Spread cheese batter on top.
- Garnish with whole almonds.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out almost clean. (Don’t overbake.)
- Melt remaining chocolate, drizzle over brownies.
- Cool in pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.