How to make a good chicken casserole great!
This easy retro recipe for a delicious creamy chicken ‘n broccoli casserole gets a bonus crunch from a crispy onion topping.
Note: Since Durkee cheese sauce powder is no longer available, we recommend trying King Arthur Flour Vermont Cheese Powder.
- 6 ounces stuffing mix
- 2.8 ounces Durkee french fried onions
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1-1/8 ounces Durkee cheese sauce mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces cubed, cooked chicken or turkey
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 can french fried onions.
- Spread stuffing over bottom of greased 9-inch round shallow casserole dish (about 1-3/4 quarts).
- Arrange broccoli spears with florets around the outer edge of dish.
- Prepare cheese sauce mix according to package directions, using 1-1/4 cups milk; stir in sour cream.
- Combine chicken and cheese sauce; mix well. Pour mixture over broccoli stalks.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees (F) for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining onions over chicken and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 724mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.