Brownie oatmeal gems: A retro recipe from the 80s
The secret to these precious brownie oatmeal gems lies in the cookie’s perfect combination of rich, smooth Baker’s chocolate, quick oats, walnuts and brown sugar.
Brownie oatmeal gems
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 8 ounces Baker's semi-sweet or German's sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick oats
- 4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Melted chocolate for dipping (optional)
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir chocolate and butter over low heat just until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn syrup, eggs and salt.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour chocolate mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 (F) oven for 15 minutes. (Cookies will not change much during baking.)
- Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Remove; cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.