Choco-Peanut Butter Bars recipe from the 70s
Schooltime’s here! Time to stock up on pencils and notebooks. And the makings for new the easy choco-peanut butter bar recipe here — chewy and crunchy at the same time.
ALSO TRY: Rocky Road bar cookies: A retro ’70s dessert recipe
Choco-peanut butter bar cookies (1972)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease oblong pan, 13- x 9- x 2-inches.
- Mix together shortening, peanut butter, sugars and egg.
- Stir in next five ingredients and one package of chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with other package of chocolate morsels over baked layer.
- Place baking sheet over pan so contained heat will soften morsels.
- Spread softened chocolate evenly and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cut into bars about 3- x 1-inch each.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.