A retro recipe for Hershey’s easy chewy chocolate cookies (1983)
Made from scratch, made easy — enjoy with Hershey’s favorite hot cocoa!
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine. softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, optional
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt: blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake. Cookies will be soft. They will puff during baking, flatten upon cooling.)
- Cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 minute: remove to wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 54 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.