Even a white Christmas should have a rainbow
Christmas Rainbow Poke cake recipe
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) package raspberry Jell-o gelatin
- 1 (3 oz.) package lime Jell-o gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Gumdrops (red and green)
- Prepare cake as directed on package. Pour batter into 2 round pans (8- or 9-inch).
- Bake as directed. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Place cake layers, top side up, back in the 2 pans (clean). Prick each layer with utility fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Pour 1 cup of the boiling water over the raspberry Jello in bowl. Stir until Jello is dissolved. Spoon over 1 layer of cake.
- Repeat with lime Jello and other layer of cake.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Dip 1 layer in pan of warm water 10 seconds; invert on plate, gently shaking to loosen.
- Remove pan; spread layer with 1 cup of Cool Whip. Remove other layer from pan in same manner; invert onto first layer.
- Decorate your Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake: Frost with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate; garnish with flattened gumdrops. Cut to resemble holly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.