Retro recipe for Jell-O pudding Stripe-It-Rich poke cakes: Ordinary to extraordinary
Stripe-it-Rich pudding poke cakes make ordinary cakes extraordinary. It’s easy! Use the Jell-O instant pudding mixture to frost, fill and stripe. Here’s how.
- 1 package cake mix, any flavor
- 2 packages (3-1/2 oz each) Jello instant pudding, any flavor
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups cold milk
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in a 9 x 13 pan. Remove from oven.
- Poke holes quickly down through cake with round handle of a wooden spoon at 1-inch intervals.
- Only after poking holes, combine pudding mix with powdered sugar in large bowl.
- Gradually stir in milk. Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute (do not over beat).
- Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about 1/2 of the thin pudding evenly over warm cake and into the holes to make the stripes.
- Allow remaining pudding to thicken slightly; then spoon over the top, swirling it to "frost" the cake.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap if desired.
This is also known as a Jell-O pudding poke cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 570mg Carbohydrates: 71g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 37g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g