Bounce a Buffet. Serve a Celery Nut Circle jello mold!
Here’s a different way to serve a salad — made in a gelatin mold, with lime Jell-O on top of a layer of a sour cream/jello blend that’s studded with nuts and chopped celery.
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) or 1 package (6 oz.) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water.
- Add cold water and vinegar and chill until slightly thickened.
- Spoon half of the gelatin into 5-cup ring mold, and chill until set but not firm, about 10 minutes.
- Blend sour cream into remaining gelatin; then fold in celery and nuts.
- Spoon over clear layer in mold.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Unmold. Serve with assorted diced fresh fruits and garnish with crisp salad greens, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.