2 egg whites
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 package (about 3 ounces) vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
1-1/2 cups milk 2 egg yolks. beaten
1 container (4-1/2 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup m&ms peanut chocolate candies
1. Cones: Beat egg whites until stiff in a small bowl. Beat butter or margarine and sugar until light in a second bowl; stir In flour. Fold in beaten whites, a little at a time.
2. Drop two rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 4 inches apart on cookie sheet. Spread each to a 5-inch round with spatula.
3. Bake in a hot oven (425 F) 5 minutes, or just until pale golden. Remove cookies quickly from cookie sheet; shape into cones. Place points down In small bottles until set. Repeat to make 12 cones. (If cookies become too brittle, return to oven.)
4. Filling: Prepare pudding with 1-1/2 cups milk, following label directions; remove pan from heat. Beat 1/2 cup hot mixture into egg yolks; stir back into pan. Cook and stir 1 minute. Cool completely.
5. Beat pudding until smooth; fold in topping and vanilla. Chill.
6. To serve: Fold m&ms peanut chocolate candies into filling; fill cones. Garnish with candies.
A cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg, separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Finely chopped nuts
1 can vanilla creamy-type frosting
m&ms peanut chocolate candies
1. Blend butter or margarine and sugar in bowl; stir in egg yolk and vanilla. Sift flour and salt into bowl; mix well. Chill 1 hour. Roll into 1-inch balls.
2. Dip into slightly beaten egg white. Roll in nuts. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350 F) 5 minutes. Press thumb gently in center of each; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool. Fill with frosting. Garnish.