How to make triangle-shaped corn biscuits (1969)
These golden, three-cornered potato corn triangle biscuits will make any meal sparkle. The flavor (from instant mashed potatoes!) will bring back memories of your grandmother’s potato bread.
- 2/3 cup packaged instant mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine dry instant potatoes and 2 cup hot water; stir till moisture is absorbed.
- Blend in shortening.
- Sift together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and 1/5 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in cornmeal; add to potato mixture.
- Blend in milk.
- Turn dough onto well-floured surface.
- Knead 3 or 4 times.
- Roll into 9-inch circle.
- Cut into 12 triangles.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 400 (F) oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Index Cutting Board Set | Color-Coded Cutting Board Set with Holder | Non-slip Thick Cutting boards for kitchen | Easy-access Easy Clean Kitchen gadgets (colorful)
Joseph Joseph 40087 Nest 9 Nesting Bowls Set with Mixing Bowls Measuring Cups Sieve Colander, 9-Piece, Multicolored
AirBake Natural Aluminum 2 Pack Insulated Cookie Sheet, no burn design, 14 x 12in & 16 x 14in
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.