Corn con carne: Creamed corn makes a sauce for meatballs
South of the border fun with good-cooking and good-looking Del Monte Cream Style Corn
It’s easy to cook up a fiesta when you start with the happy golden color and kernel-rich creaminess of cream-style corn.
ALSO TRY: Corn souffle, made with cream-style corn (1968)
Corn con carne
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoons crumbled oregano
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces Del Monte Brand Golden Cream Style Corn
- 1/2 cup sliced or whole ripe olives
- 1/4 cup pimiento or green pepper strips
- Prepare your own meatball recipe based on 1 pound ground beef, adding about 1/2 teaspoon chili powder with the seasonings.
- Brown meatballs in shortening till done.
- Meanwhile, gently fry 2 tablespoons chopped onion, and 1/4 teaspoon crumbled oregano in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Stir in 1 can cream-style corn.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sliced or whole ripe olives and 1/4 cup (2 ounces) pimiento or green pepper strips, and heat.
- Serve with the meat balls.
17 ounces was the can size back in the 1960s. Now they are closer to 15 ounces, so we have used the modern-day version when calculating the nutrition for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Joseph Joseph 40087 Nest 9 Nesting Bowls Set with Mixing Bowls Measuring Cups Sieve Colander, 9-Piece, Multicolored
Cuisinart 12-Piece Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel Knives, Comes with 6-Blades and 6-Blade Guards, Color Coded to Reduce Risk of Cross Contamination
Sweese 112.002 Porcelain Salad Pasta Bowls - 22 Ounce - Set of 6, Hot Assorted Colors
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.