You can make this fudgy homemade chocolate ice cream right at home — and you don’t even need an ice cream maker!
A note: Raw egg yolks are no longer considered safe to eat. Here are some ways to replace them (namely, with cornstarch and a little cream cheese), plus a few tips on cooking the yolks to use in your dessert.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 14 ounces Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped (do not use non-dairy whipped topping)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In large mixer bowl, beat chocolate, Eagle Brand, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into 9- by 5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container: cover.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Return leftovers to freezer.
Makes 1-1/2 quarts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 9g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.