Browse articles, recipes, pictorials and more below, or look at separate decades — 1830s, 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s — or choose a specific year here.
POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT SEARCHES: TV shows | sitcoms | TV theme songs | movies | music | celebrities
BROWSE MORE: Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Dodge | Ford | Oldsmobile
Packard | Pontiac | Rambler | Studebaker | Pickups | All cars and trucks
1. Avoid overbaking the cheesecake to minimize cracking.
2. Also to minimize cracking while cooking the cheesecake, run a knife tip around the edge of the pan so the cake can pull away as it contracts.
3. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature (away from drafts) to room temperature before chilling it thoroughly.
4. After cake has completely cooled, gently loosen it from the pan side with the tip of a knife while slowly releasing the pan clamp.
5. If you want to freeze the cheesecake, do so before it is garnished.
Chocolate crumb pie crust
2 cups (12-ounce package) Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Heat oven to 300 F. Prepare the chocolate crumb crust; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, over very low heat, melt chocolate chips while stirring constantly.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add the melted chocolate chips and remaining ingredients; mix well.
Pour into a prepared [springform cheesecake] pan. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until the center is set. Cool; chill. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/3 cup of Hershey’s cocoa and 1/3 cup of melted butter or margarine. Press firmly on the bottom of the 9-inch springform pan.
Hershey’s rich cocoa fudge recipe from the ’70s & ’80s
Send this to a friend