Two-tone walnut cookie canes recipe
Wonderful walnut cookie canes — the more the merrier!
Two-tone walnut cookie canes (1962)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely-chopped Diamond Walnuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Sift first three ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar till creamy; beat in yolk and vanilla.
- Work in flour mixture, then walnuts.
- Divide dough in half; stir chocolate into one portion.
- Roll each portion of dough between sheets of waxed paper into rectangle 1/4-inch thick.
- Peel off top papers.
- Turn chocolate onto vanilla.
- Transfer from paper to lightly floured pastry cloth and roll 3/8-inch thick.
- Cut into narrow strips, about 5-inches long.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, turning ends to form canes.
- Bake at 350 (F) degrees for 10 minutes or till canes start to brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.