Chocolate. Strawberry. Vanilla. United they bake.
Here’s the triple-appeal of Neapolitan ice cream making a delicious appearance as cake.
Begin with a Betty Crocker white or yellow cake mix, and follow this Great Neapolitan Bundt Cake recipe. Better make extra copies for your friends, though. This cake is that good.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 12 drops red food color
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- Heat oven to 350 (F) (pans with non-stick finish -- 325 F).
- Generously grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Blend cake mix (dry), water, oil and eggs on low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter (about 1-2/3 cups) into pan.
- Measure 1/2 of the remaining batter (about 1-2/3 cups) into small bowl; stir in strawberry extract and food color.
- Carefully pour into pan.
- Stir chocolate-flavored syrup into remaining batter; carefully pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- To make the Chocolate Glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and chocolate-flavored syrup until smooth. (If necessary, a few drops of water or small amount of confectioners' sugar can be added until desired consistency.)
- Spread cake with Chocolate Glaze, allowing some to drizzle down the side.
Note: You can substitute yellow cake mix for white cake mix. Increase water to 1-1/4 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.