Ordinary to extraordinary
It’s easy! Use the Jell-O instant pudding mixture to frost, fill and stripe. Here’s how.
Jell-O Pudding Stripe-It-Rich cake recipe
1 package cake mix, any flavor
2 packages (3-1/2 oz each) Jello INSTANT pudding, any flavor
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups cold milk
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in a 9 x 13 pan. Remove from oven. Poke holes quickly down through cake with round handle of wooden spoon at 1-inch intervals.
2. Only after poking holes, combine pudding mix with powdered sugar in large bowl. Gradually stir in milk. Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute (do not over beat). Quickly, before pudding thickens, pour about 1/2 of the thin pudding evenly over warm cake and into the holes to make the stripes.
3. Allow remaining pudding to thicken slightly; then spoon over the top, swirling it to “frost” the cake. Chill at least 1 hour. Store in refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap if desired.
(This is also known as a Jell-O pudding poke cake)
Books you may like...
- ARCHITECTURE: Vintage Homes: Victorian House Coloring Books for Adults
- BRIDES & WEDDINGS: Something Old: Vintage Wedding Dress Fashion Look Book
- SCI-FI: The Flight of the Silvers & Dream of Time