Pumpkin cake for dessert after your fall feast
Wonderful twist on Thanksgiving tradition! A light, appetizing treat for stuffed tummies! Pumpkin CAKE!
Made excitingly high and downy textured — with real pumpkin and perfect blend Dexo! Use Dexo with our luscious pumpkin-rich recipe.
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2/3 cup Dexo shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cloves, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- Measure vegetable shortening into bowl.
- Sift flour, measure and sift again with baking powder, salt, sugar and spices onto vegetable shortening.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and pumpkin.
- Blend and beat with mixer 1 minute.
- Add remaining milk and eggs.
- Beat 2 minutes with mixer.
- Scrape bowl often during beating.
- Bake in two greased and floured, deep 8-inch layer cake pans in 375 (F) oven for about 35 minutes.
- When cool, frost with 7-minute frosting made with brown sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.