Almond raspberry cream roll recipe from 1984
Here’s a wonderful cake to make for a special occasion. This almond-raspberry cream roll has a whipped cream filling flavored with raspberry — a natural with almonds. Decorating the cake with slivered Blue Diamond almonds is easy.
Almond-raspberry cream roll
Yield: 10 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Additional Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur OR 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups Blue Diamond blanched slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam, stirred until smooth and spreadable
- Preheat oven to 375 (F).
- Line a jelly roll pan, 15-1/2- by 10-1/2- by 1-inch, with foil or parchment paper; heavily grease with shortening.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; reserve.
- Beat eggs on high speed until foamy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
- On low speed, beat in water, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and almond extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Pour evenly into pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, sift powdered sugar onto a towel until evenly coated.
- When cake is done, immediately reverse pan onto towel.
- Peel off foil.
- Roll up cake and towel together from narrow end; cool thoroughly on wire rack: Meanwhile, whip heavy cream, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and amaretto until stiff.
- Finely chop 1 cup almonds and fold into one-half of the whipped cream. (Reserve remaining whipped cream in a refrigerator.)
- Unroll cooled cake.
- Spread with raspberry jam.
- Spread whipped cream-almond mixture on top of jam, leaving a 1-inch border at one end.
- Carefully roll cake, starting from opposite end.
- Place on serving plate, seam-side down.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate as shown with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 652Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 5gSugar: 47gProtein: 12g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.