The dressing secret is Del Monte Catsup
Imperial Dressing recipe
Pineapple distilled vinegar accents the ripe tomatoes and zesty seasonings in Del Monte Catsup makes this tomato catsup so rich and lively even the flavor goes farther! It adds a special touch to this exciting new dressing. Serve it with a hearty supper salad, and everyone will want your secret!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 or 3 drops Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Del Monte Catsup
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon juice from capers
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic (on toothpick)
- Simmer together first 9 ingredients.
- Cool 10 min.
- Blend in Del Monte Catsup, olive oil, capers and juice, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add garlic.
- Cool dressing at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shake well before using. Makes 2-3/4 cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2280mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.