Great meals with an Italian accent.
Try these stuffed tomatoes, filled with a flavorful Florentine blend of spinach, onion, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Progresso olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Progresso Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Progresso grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 (F).
- Cut a 1/2-inch slice from the top of each tomato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp.
- Chop pulp and set aside.
- Place tomato shells upside down to drain.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from spinach as possible; set aside.
- In a skillet heat olive oil until hot.
- Add onion.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, reserved chopped tomato and spinach.
- Cook and stir until hot.
- Spoon into tomato shells, piling high.
- Sprinkle each stuffed tomato with one teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Place in an oiled 10- by 6- by 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until tomatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Serve them with this dish: Breaded pork chops (1987)