An easy turkey chili retro recipe from the ’90s
Compared to this, making toast is a challenge. Turkey chili. It’s simple. It’s quick. And so tasty the dinner table will need every chair you can find. Make tracks for your grocer’s fresh meat case. Compliments will abound. I guarantee it. – Jerry Jerome (The guy behind The Turkey Store)
- 1-1/4 pound The Turkey Store lean ground turkey
- 16 ounces kidney or pinto beans, undrained
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons each chili powder and dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, black pepper and salt
- Spray large saucepan or Dutch oven with no-stick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat about 30 seconds.
- Crumble ground turkey into saucepan.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 1-1/2 to 2 cups water, stir thoroughly.
- Cook over medium heat 15 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and sliced black olives, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 810Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 314mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 91g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
ALSO TRY THIS: Chili manicotti (1975)