Tangy chicken pasta sauce with tomatoes & herbs
Need an easy dinner that’s a little bit different? Try this tangy chicken with tomatoes & herbs — a deliciously kicky pasta sauce that goes on top of your favorite noodles. Get the recipe from the ’80s right here!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces tomatoes, drained, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Heinz apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
- Cornstarch-water mixture
- Hot cooked noodles
- In Dutch oven or large skillet, saute onion, garlic and herbs in oil until onion is tender-crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients.
- Add chicken.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch-water mixture.
- Serve chicken and sauce with noodles.
Makes 5-6 servings (about 3 cups of sauce).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 62g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS: Gilbert’s garden pasta sauce (1989)