Santa Fe express: Ranchero rollups
You’ll be rolling up for dinner right on time with Del Monte Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes. They’re the quickest way to add a rich, zesty flavor to this Southwestern recipe for Ranchero rollups — soft tacos that are easy to make.
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 14-1/2 ounces Del Monte Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 ounces whole green chilies, cut into strips
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- In large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoons oil until tender-crisp.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Add liquid and oregano to skillet; cook over high heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in meat and chilies; remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up.
- Add remaining tablespoons of oil to skillet and lightly brown rollups.
- Chop tomatoes: stir in vinegar.
- Pour over rollups, cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: 4 retro taco salad recipes that are perfect for summer (1987)