From the 1981 C&H private collection comes a retro look at one of your favorite Christmas cookies: Golden thumbprints, the classic sweet-topped cookies.
GET THE OTHER RECIPE: Viennese sugar twists: Pretzel-shaped cookies (1981)
- 1/3 cup C&H golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Candied cherries, jelly or melted chocolate pieces
- Cream together sugar, butter, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Dip into slightly beaten egg white and roll in nuts.
- Bake in 375 (F) degree oven 5 minutes on ungreased baking sheet.
- Remove from oven.
- Quickly indent each cookie center with thumb.
- Bake 8 minutes longer.
- Fill thumbprints with a little jelly, 1/2 candied cherry, or chocolate
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.