From the 1981 C&H private collection comes a recipe for these vintage Christmas cookies. Delicious Viennese sugar twists are shaped like a pretzel, but are a whole lot sweeter.
Viennese sugar twists
Yield: 42 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 1 cup C&H Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely-ground blanched almonds
- C&H Granulated sugar
- Cream together sugar, butter, egg and egg yolk.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour until well-blended.
- Mix in almonds.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Break off about a tablespoon of dough.
- Roll on lightly floured board to 10 inches long and pencil thin (about 1/4 inch).
- Shape into pretzel.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in 350 (F) degree oven 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
ALSO SEE THIS ONE: Golden thumbprints: The classic cookies, ’80s style