Lemon nut bread retro ’50s recipe
Here’s a moist delicious nut-bread that is really unusual! It has a delightful fresh lemon flavor — and what an eye-catcher it is, too!
Lemon nut bread
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Additional Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/14 cups sifted Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- Cream sugar, butter and eggs.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk; Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and lemon rind.
- Pour into greased 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.
If you use Self-Rising Flour, omit baking powder and salt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
ALSO TRY: Ladybird Johnson’s classic lemon pound cake recipe (1966)