Browse articles, recipes, pictorials and more below, or look at separate decades — 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s — or choose a specific year here.
POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT SEARCHES: TV shows | sitcoms | TV theme songs | movies | music | celebrities
Want to narrow things down a little? Choose beauty or fashion!
BROWSE MORE: Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Dodge | Ford | Oldsmobile Packard | Pontiac | Rambler | Studebaker | Pickups | All cars and trucks
Take a step back in time and revisit these vintage articles and authentic guides to old-fashioned holidays and traditions from celebrations of the past! We have hundreds of classic holiday recipes, plus home decor, party plans, photos and much more!
You can easily browse recipes, articles and more by your favorite old-fashioned holidays — Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter — by event, such as birthdays, weddings — or by season: spring, summer, winter & fall.
This Southern peanut bar cookie is a delicious bar cookie that’s almost like a peanut brittle blondie! It’s made with Snickers Munch peanut brittle bars.
1-1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar 1/3 cup butter or margarine 2 eggs 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 3 Snickers Peanut Munch Bars, chopped (or 10 fun-size bars)
1. Combine 1 cup flour and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
2. Sprinkle mixture on bottom of 9x9x2-inch baking pan; pat down firmly.
3. Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes, or until golden. Lower heat to 325 F.
4. Beat eggs, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and vanilla in bowl. Stir in bars. Pour mixture over bottom layer.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until brown. Cool in pan or on wire rack, then cut into bars. Garnish with colored coconut, if you wish.
MORE: Peanut brittle cookie recipe (1953)
[Note: Munch bars are no longer under the Snickers brand]
Send this to a friend