Vintage ice cream flavors: Sweet old-fashioned treats
Many of these old-fashioned ice cream flavors are long gone, and it was clear that fruit — especially cherry and pineapple — were especially popular.
1. Lorraine Cherry ice cream (Lady Borden – 1955)
2. Western Almond ice cream (Sealtest – 1958)
3. Banana Strawberry Split ice cream (Sealtest – 1959)
4. Chocolate Almond ice cream (Lady Borden – 1950)
5. Gay 90s Toffee Fudge ice cream (Sealtest – 1956)
Gay 90s Toffee Fudge
6. Praline Pecan vintage ice cream (Lady Borden – 1953)
7. Plum Nuts ice cream (Sealtest – 1958)
8. Tropic Isle Pineapple ice cream (1954)
9. 50s Devil Mint ice cream (Sealtest – 1954)
10. Vintage Peach Melba ice cream (Sealtest – 1955)
11. Cherry-Coconut ice cream (Borden’s – 1951)
It’s the creamiest of ice creams… and just filled with juicy red cherries and snow-white coconut aplenty. Wait till you taste it!
12. Burgundy Cherry vintage ice cream flavor (Borden’s – 1951)
Invite delight tonight! Serve this beautiful-looking, luscious-tasting dessert. Big, juicy Burgundy cherries peeking out of smoother-than-smooth Lady Borden ice cream.
13. Strawberry ice cream (Meadow Gold – 1951)
14. Black raspberry vintage ice cream (Sealtest – 1952)
15. Coronation Vanilla ice cream (Meadow Gold – 1953)
To a queen’s taste… and yours: Coronation vanilla
We want you to try this special June delight — that’s practically a sundae in itself! Red and green chunks of Hawaiian pineapple — sun-ripened sweet and juicy. Rich, golden country cream. Pure vanilla from the Spice Islands. All smooth-frozen the Meadow Gold way…
16. Hawaiian ice cream (Meadow Gold – 1955)
New treat! Pink pineapple sherbet loaded with bright, tropic-ripened fruit!
Taste what happens when we take the tangy juice of ripe Hawaiian pineapples, bits of the same good fruit, and smooth-freeze them into pink, frosty sherbet. Even thinking about it makes you feel cooler, doesn’t it?
17. Holiday bisque tortoni old-fashioned ice cream (Lady Borden – 1955)
It’s here. The gayest ice cream of the season. Bright idea for a holiday get-together. Lady Borden Holiday Bisque Tortoni, confetti-ed with luscious red and green pineapple.
18. Candied apple vintage ice cream flavor (Sealtest – 1956)
An old-fashioned taste treat in a brand-new ice cream – All the tantalizing goodness of old-time candied apples… completely recaptured in this brand new Sealtest taste treat.
19. Black Sweet Cherry vintage ice cream (Party Pride – 1956)
20. Banana-Strawberry classic ice cream (Sealtest – 1957)
21. Triple Treat ice cream (Sealtest – 1957)
Dig this crazy mixed-up ice cream! Triple treat – It’s raspberry, vanilla and orange-pineapple. (Man, it’s real cool!)
22. Cherry-Pineapple vintage ice cream flavor (Sealtest – 1957)
You just never tasted anything so deliciously cool!
23. Marshmallow Mint old-fashioned ice cream (Meadow Gold – 1957)
Chocolate ice cream with a bright surprise in every bite!
For our special flavor this month, we’ve taken creamy, colorful mint-flavored marshmallow sauce, and marbled it all through chocolate ice cream.
24. Coconut-Pineapple old-fashioned ice cream (Foremost – 1957)
Shades of the South Pacific! Here’s an exotic ice cream just bursting with fresh sun-sweetened pineapple and crisp snow-white coconut. Set sail for your favorite store, and discover the happiest treat from here to Hawaii.
25. Cherry Nugget vintage ice cream (Sealtest – 1957)
A masterpiece! The all-time favorite! One taste tells why.
26. Lemon drop sherbet (Sealtest – 1957)
Double your pleasure! Luscious lemon sherbet accented with tasty bits of lemon candy.
27. Butterscotch-Pecan vintage ice cream (Borden’s – 1957)
This best-of-butterscotch ice creams has crunchy pieces of pecan in every delicious bite.
28. Coconut fudge vintage ice cream (Sealtest – 1957)
The flavor you’d most like to be marooned with
29. Choco-o-Nut classic ice cream (Sealtest – 1958)
Select buttered almonds in luscious milk chocolate
30. Mint chocolate chip flavor vintage ice cream (Lady Borden – 1958)
Minty cool… fresh as spring! Full of delicious nuggets of dark chocolate. Lady Borden Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream is so pastel pretty, so rich with real cream, that it makes any dessert time party time.
31. Old-fashioned ice cream: Big Dip ice milk (Sealtest – 1958)
32. Vintage rainbow ice cream from the 50s (Sealtest – 1953)
33. Vintage strawberry macaroon ice cream (Sealtest – 1957)
34. Apple la Mode (Borden – 1956)
Vintage 50s apple ice cream — “tastes just like apple pie ‘n ice cream.”
35. Plantation Peach old-fashioned ice cream (Lady Borden – 1953)