It’s green. It’s molded. It’s studded with pears. It’s the 80s version of the Jell-O classic – Under-the-sea salad!
Cool them off with Jell-O brand gelatin (1982)
See the 1963 version of this molded gelatin delight here: Under-the-sea Jell-o salad.
MORE: How long does it take to make jello? See a chart!
Under-the-sea Jell-O salad (1982)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Additional Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- 16 ounces pear halves
- 3 ounces Jell-O brand gelatin -- lime flavor
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Drain pears, reserving 3/4 cup of its syrup.
- Dice pears and set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add reserved syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour 1-1/4 cups into a 8- by 4-inch loaf pan.
- Chill until set but not firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soften cheese until creamy.
- Very slowly blend in remaining gelatin, beating until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and pears and spoon into pan.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Unmold and garnish as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.