Non-stop to Mexico in 29 minutes via Hamburger Helper
Make a tasty Taco Salad tonight. it’s a flight of fancy that’s fast to fix.
Hamburger Helper helps your plain hamburger make a sumptuous supper salad. Here’s a salad filled with savory seasonings that’s deliciously different and as much fun as a fiesta.
Hamburger Helper helps your hamburger make a great meal
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 3-1/3 cups hot water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Dash of cayenne pepper, if desired
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions (with tops)
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Cook and stir ground beef in 10-inch skillet until brown; drain. Stir in Macaroni, Sauce Mix, water, chili powder, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place lettuce, green pepper, tomatoes, onions and olives in large bowl; toss with ground beef mixture.
- Serve immediately or, if desired, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips and dairy sour cream if desired.
High Altitude Directions (3500 to 6500 feet): Increase hot water to 3-1/2 cups and simmer time to 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 739mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Taco salad with Hamburger Helper recipe card (1982)