The modern way to cook with tomato…
Just pour in Hunt’s sauce for Quick Spanish Beef-Rice
Pour in Hunt’sauce and you pour in a pound of whole, ripe tomatoes simmered to a thick, smooth sauce — spiced just right. It’s the modern way to cook with tomato!
Quick Spanish Beef-Rice
- 1/4 cup Wesson, pure vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 16-ounces cans Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (optional)
- Heat Wesson in skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, beef and rice.
- Stir over high heat until lightly browned.
- Add Hunt's Tomato Sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Bring quickly to a boil.
- Cover tightly, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Meat may be omitted. 1/2 cup grated cheese may be added if desired just before serving time.
For packaged, pre-cooked rice: use only 1-1/2 cups water for 1-1/2 cups rice, and simmer, uncovered, only 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.