Little tamale pies
Inexpensive! Easy! Colorful!
- 2 cups Del Monte golden cream style corn (1 No. 303 can)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- 15-1/2 ounces tamales
- Sliced green onions and ripe olives for garnish, if desired
- Mix first 7 ingredients with 1/3 cup liquid from tamales. (Add water to liquid if necessary.)
- Remove paper from tamales; cut in thirds; place upright in 4 individual casseroles.
- Add corn mixture; bake in moderate oven (350F) about 35 min.
- Garnish as shown, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 775mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.