Work wonders with your imagination & Diamond walnuts with this chocolate-walnut ribbon angel food cake
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Diamond Walnuts
- 1 package angel cake mix
- 3 tablespoons breakfast cocoa (separated)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven at 375 (F).
- While it heats, spread chopped walnuts in shallow pan and toast 8-10 minutes, till golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Mix cake as package directs; fold in toasted Diamond Walnuts.
- Pour batter in small bowl; fold in 1 tablespoon of cocoa.
- Spread half of the white batter evenly in angel cake pan; cover with cocoa batter; add remaining batter.
- Bake and cool as package directs.
- For the topping; In a saucepan, mix sugar, remaining cocoa, and water.
- Add butter.
- Cook, stirring, to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Spread on top of cake and let drizzle down sides.
- Crown with a golden halo of plump Diamond Walnut halves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Your cakes have more of you in them when you give them new glamour, flavor, texture and food value with walnuts! Best idea for cookies, candies, desserts and hot breads — just add walnuts.