Spice your autumn feasts with Pride O’Pumpkin cake
A real holiday cake… fragrant with spices… crunchy with tender-sweet nuts. And it’s ABC easy to make this beauty light and delicate if you’re sure to use Swans Down flour.
- 2-1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup butter or other shortening
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg and 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped walnut meats
- Measure sifted flour, add baking powder, salt, soda, spices.
- Sift together three times.
- Cream butter, add sugars gradually and cream well.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating until light.
- Add flour alternately with buttermilk in small amounts, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Bake in 2 round 8-inch layer pans, line on bottom with paper, in moderate oven (350 F) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.
- Cool; frost with fluffy frosting, tinted orange. Garnish with small flowers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 10g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.