Coffee breakers: Cinnamon twists with caramel & pecans
Mrs. America’s quick new way to be neighborly — caramel–pecan “Coffee Breakers”! They’re like cinnamon rolls, with a twist.
“You just add Fleischmann’s Yeast to Bisquick,” says Mrs. L. Clarke Priebe, of Des Moines, the new Mrs. America. “And whip up these crunchy, caramelly Coffee Breakers for your next neighborly get-together.”
Caramel-pecan cinnamon twist coffee breakers
- 1/4 cup soft Blue Bonnet Margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped Royal Pecans
- 3/4 cup warm, not hot, water
- 1 package Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In saucepan, melt margarine or butter; stir in sugar and syrup, bring to rolling boil.
- Spread in large oblong pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixing bowl.
- Mix in Bisquick and beat vigorously.
- Turn dough onto board dusted with Bisquick.
- Knead until smooth, about 20 times.
- Roll out into 12-inch square.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle center third with one-half the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Fold one-third over the center third.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold remaining third over the two layers.
- Cut with sharp knife crosswise into strips about 1-inch wide.
- Take hold of each end of strip and twist.
- Seal ends firmly.
- Place in pan about 1-1/2-inches apart.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400 (F) for about 20 minutes. Invert pan immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Bico Havana Salad Plates Set of 4, Ceramic, 8.75 inch, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pan, Multipack of 2
Rachael Ray 46312 Cucina Kitchen/Cooking Measuring Cups, Set includes: 1/4-Cup Brown, 1/3-Cup Orange, 1/2-Cup Lavender, 1-Cup Red, 2-Cup Blue, Assorted
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
ALSO TRY: Cinnamon twists: Classic yeast breakfast roll recipe from 1950