The ultimate brownie
Behind the success of this rich chocolate brownie is the one and only Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate. Famous for its unique, deep sweetness.
Blend it with crunchy nuts, velvety cream cheese. And get the ultimate brownie. Moist. Delicious. Bake them, and break the plain old brownie habit. And if they make you hunger for the cake again, that recipe is on the wrapper.
German chocolate cream cheese brownies recipe
- 4 ounces Baker's German sweet chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsifted flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Calumet baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoonalmond extract
- Melt chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter over very low heat, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Cream remaining butter with cream cheese until softened.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Blend in 1 egg, 1 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat remaining eggs until thick and light in color.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thickened.
- Add baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Blend in cooled chocolate mixture, nuts, almond extract, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Measure 1 cup chocolate batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining chocolate batter in a greased 9 inch square pan. Top with cheese mixture.
- Drop measured chocolate batter from tablespoon onto cheese mixture, swirl with spatula or marble.
- Bake at 350 (F) degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool, then cut. Cover, and store in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.