By starting this old-fashioned corn souffle recipe with a can of cream-style corn, you can make this popular side dish in record time.
Corn souffle retro recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can Del Monte Cream Style corn
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 8 ounces American cheese, cubed
- 6 eggs, separated
- In saucepan, melt margarine, blend in flour.
- Add corn, seasonings. Cook, stirring till thickened.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold into corn sauce.
- Pour into 2-quart souffle dish.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Del Monte cream-style corn
The cream in Del Monte cream-style corn is much creamier. Never gets watery. So you can make miracles instead of mush.