The classic Libby’s pumpkin cookie bar recipe from 1987
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the topping
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add butter, mix until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 F) 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- Combine remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream cheese and marmalade (which are for the topping). Pour over crust.
- Bake in slow oven (325 F) 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- To make cream cheese topping, beat together until fluffy one 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup orange marmalade. Spread over cooled bars to frost.
- If desired, garnish with crushed granola, chopped nuts, or orange peel.
- Cut into 32 bars and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.