Pink Magic cake retro ’70s recipe
Why is this called a Pink Magic cake? Because in addition to the yellow cake, this retro treat has wedges of a berry delicious Jell-O gelatin and ice cream mixture.
- 6 ounces strawberry flavor gelatin mix (2 3-ounce packages)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 9-inch cake layer, baked and cooled
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add ice cream, stirring until melted.
- Chill until thickened.
- Cut cake into 8 equal wedges.
- Place 4 wedges in an 8-inch springform pan, leaving equal space between wedges.
- Spoon half of the gelatin mixture between cake wedges.
- Place remaining cake on gelatin mixture; spoon in remaining gelatin.
- Chill about 4 hours.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with thawed Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping and strawberries, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.