Coconut tops this tropical pineapple rum torte — a treat that’s filled with layers of cake, sandwiched between smooth and delicious rum filling made with pudding and whipped topping.
Pineapple rum torte
Rejoice — Baker’s & Bacardi make it extra special!
Pineapple rum torte
Yield: 12 servings
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Bacardi amber rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2-2/3 cups Baker's Angel Flake coconut
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 package (4-serving size) Jell-O vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 3-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- Combine cake mix, eggs, 3/4 cup of the rum, water and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut.
- Pour into greased, floured 15- by 10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 (F) for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Cut into 3 10- by 5-inch pieces.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Combine pudding mix, 3/4 cup of the pineapple, reserved juice and remaining rum; stir to blend.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with some of the topping mixture; top with half the remaining pineapple.
- Repeat layers, ending with cake; frost cake with remaining topping mixture.
- Cover with rest of coconut.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 5gSugar: 48gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
MORE: Pineapple, coconut & rum mingle in a pina colada cake (1986)