Temptation squared: Classic cookie bars recipe from 1987
- 2-1/2 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in corn syrup, then egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in pecans and half the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in ungreased 15-1/2- by 10-1/2- by 1-inch pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate on top.
- Bake in 350 (F) oven 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut into 2-1/2-inch squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.