Browse articles, recipes, pictorials and more below, or look at separate decades — 1830s, 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s — or choose a specific year here.
POPULAR ENTERTAINMENT SEARCHES: TV shows | sitcoms | TV theme songs | movies | music | celebrities
BROWSE MORE: Buick | Cadillac | Chevrolet | Chrysler | Dodge | Ford | Oldsmobile
Packard | Pontiac | Rambler | Studebaker | Pickups | All cars and trucks
In late 1968, you could prepare for the season of style before the summer of love, and choose from a profusion of glamorous ’60s belts to create exactly the look that suited you.
Get — or give — an option on opulence this holiday season. Choose from a profusion of glamorous belts and create a waist, high or low.
1. To hug you like a baby boa, the silvery snake belt. Whiting & Davis; about $15.
2. Golden links, two by two, end in a lucky four-link clover. R. Mandle; about $10.
3. Five slender chains gracefully festoon a festive waist. Abbe Creations; about $9.
4. A stretch belt praises your perfections in silver-toned scales. Dame; about $4.
5. The twist-link chain flips a coin of blue enamel. Schrager; about $4.
6. Little green enamel wreaths wrap you up for Christmas. House of Joy; about $13.
7. The signs of the zodiac shine on a heavenly, belt. Abbe Creations; about $9.
8. The glow of “pearls” sets off a pretty figure. Richelieu; about $4.
MORE RETRO BELTS: Customizable belt fashions for teens (1951)
9. Links hold a tiny purse for mad money or extra lashes Accessocraft; about $7.
10. Swirly Art Nouveau disks are strung between two chains. House of Joy; about $5.
11. Bright-colored ribbons run merrily through golden braid. Elegant; about $6.
12. Serpentine links twine sinuously around a waist. Abbe Creations; about $8.
13. Triple-decker chains, studded with mock turquoises. Garay; about $7.
14. Dangle a lavishly fringed Byzantine plaque. American Authentics; about $10.
15. Large openwork medallions set up a chain reaction. Capri; about $12.
16. Tiny gray beads move in circles on circles. R. Mandle; about $8.
17. A slinky twisting of “gold” and “silver” beads. American Authentics; about $6.
18. Take a bead on the blue tasseled belt. Calderon; about $9.
Send this to a friend