The vintage inspiration: Crisco’s chewy brownie cookies (1995)
For the moist, fudgy taste of a brownie in a cookie
- 2/3 cup of Crisco shortening
- 1-1/2 cups of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened baking cocoa (powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 12-ounce package)
- Heat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine the Crisco shortening, light brown sugar, the water and the vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at a medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Beat the eggs into the creamed mixture.
- Combine the flour, cocoa (powder), baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of the mixture 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies one tray at a time, at 375 F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist -- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Place sheets of foil on the countertop. Transfer the cookies from the trays to the foil, and allow them to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.