For the moist, fudgy taste of a brownie in a cookie
Crisco’s chewy, fudgy, chocolaty, rich, gooey and oh-so-delicious brownie in a cookie bakes up higher and moister than this popular cookie made with butter.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day baking, now Crisco comes in pre-measured sticks. Like butter, only better. And only Crisco gives you the Chewy Brownie Cookie, which bakes up higher and moister than this other popular cookie made with butter.
Chewy brownie cookies recipe
1/2 cup of Crisco shortening
1-1/2 cups of firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened baking cocoa (powder)
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 12-ounce package)
1. Heat your oven to 375 F.
2. Combine the Crisco shortening, light brown sugar, the water and the vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Beat at a medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Beat the eggs into the creamed mixture.
4. Combine the flour, cocoa (powder), baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of the mixture 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake the cookies one tray at a time, at 375 F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist — DO NOT OVERBAKE.
8. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Place sheets of foil on the countertop. Transfer the cookies from the trays to the foil, and allow them to cool completely.