Get fiber into more foods your family will like. Like Banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup All-Bran or Bran Buds cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas (3 medium-sized)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, stir together mashed bananas, milk and cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until well blended. Add eggs. Beat well.
- Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes or until done. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Banana Bread recipe card