Get fiber into more foods your family will like. Like Banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup All-Bran or Bran Buds cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas (3 medium-sized)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, stir together mashed bananas, milk and cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until well blended. Add eggs. Beat well.
- Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes or until done. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Mixing Bowls Set of 5, Wildone Stainless Steel Nesting Mixing Bowls with Lids, Non-Slip Silicone Bottom, for Mixing & Beating, Stackable Storage (1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 qt)
- AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Bread Pan - 9.5 x 5", 2-Pack
- Silicone Spatula 4-piece Set,Heat-Resistant Spatulas,Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 268 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 198mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 6g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.