BLT pie: Bacon, lettuce & tomato Impossible Pie
Fresh lettuce and tomatoes top this savory cheesy bacon, lettuce & tomato Impossible Pie, based on a classic recipe from the ’80s.
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Coarsely shredded lettuce
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Heat oven to 400 (F).
- Grease pie plate, 10- by 12-inches.
- Layer bacon and cheese in plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients except lettuce and tomatoes until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into plate.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes and, if desired, additional bacon and mayonnaise.
Microwave Directions: Grease microwavable pie plate, 9- by 1-1/4-inches. Decrease milk to 1-1/4 cups and baking mix to 3/4 cup.
Microwave on inverted microwavable dinner plate on medium-high (70%), rotating pie plate 1/4 turn every 5 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 13 to 18 minutes. (Center may appear slightly soft.)
Let stand on flat, heatproof surface 10 minutes (do not let stand on wire rack).
High Altitude Directions: For conventional oven, bake about 35 minutes. For microwave, grease pie plate. 10- by 12-inches. Use 1-1/2 cups milk and 2/3 cup baking mix. Microwave as directed, 15 to 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1142mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.