Cheese sauce in 3 minutes… and tuna fritters
New ideas for Lent! Real homemade
Imagine! Your own homemade cheese sauce in 3 minutes. No flour or shortening needed because of the evaporated milk’s double richness. Delicious over tuna fritters, a new kind of fritters that stay moist, won’t crumble, thanks to Carnation.
- 2 cups all-purpose biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup Carnation undiluted evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups tuna (or diced, cooked ham)
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Fat or oil for frying
- 1-2/3 cups Carnation undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated processed American cheese
- Blend biscuit mix, seasoned salt, egg, evaporated milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Drop from teaspoon into deep hot fat (375 degrees F) or into 1/2 inch hot fat in frying pan.
- Fry 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Turn and fry on other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Prepare cheese sauce, starting by simmer evaporated milk and salt in a sauce pan to just below boiling (about 2 minutes).
- Add cheese, and stir until thickened and smooth (about 1 minute longer).
- Serve at once with fritters.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 2295mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 59g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.