The Rave Reviews coconut cake.
Delicious looks. Delicious taste. Delicious crunch.
The cake everyone’s talking about: Lusciously moist and walnut-crunchy, topped by creamy frosting and chewy with fresh-tasting coconut… If you love applause, bake yourself proud with our Rave Reviews coconut cake.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 small package (4-serving) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 2 cups coconut
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tsp. milk
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- For the cake: Blend cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour mixture into 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer caked pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack. Fill and top cooled cake layers with Coconut cream cheese frosting.
- For the coconut cream cheese frosting: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add coconut, stirring constantly over low heat until golden brown. Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
- Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese. Add milk. Beat in sugar gradually. Blend in vanilla. Stir in 1-3/4 cups coconut.
- Spread on top of cooled cake layers. Stack and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
High altitude areas: Increase water to 1-3/4 cups and add 1/4 cup flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.
Rave Reviews coconut cake recipe card