Homemade pastel marshmallows made with Jello (1974)
Make your own gelatin-based fruit-flavored marshmallows with this vintage recipe from the 1970s! You can even serve them with these Pastel Clouds cupcakes: Sweet treats flavored and colored with Jello.
- 3-ounce package Jell-O Gelatin, any flavor
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Confectioners sugar
- Dissolve one 3-ounce package Jell-O Gelatin, any flavor, in 1/2 cup boiling water in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar; cook and stir just till sugar is dissolved. (Do not boil.)
- Blend in 3 tablespoons light corn syrup.
- Chill till slightly thickened.
- Beat at highest speed of electric mixer until mixture is thickened and will stand in soft peaks -- about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan which has been lined on sides and bottom with wax paper and the paper greased with butter or margarine.
- Chill overnight.
- Turn firm mixture onto a board heavily dusted with confectioners sugar.
- Carefully peel off wax paper and dust surfaces heavily with sugar.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or into shapes, using small cookie cutters dipped in sugar.
- Roll cut edges in sugar.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, qualifying purchases made via our links earns us a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Click Americana offers approximate nutrition information as a general reference only, and we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. Please make any necessary calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, and consult with a qualified healthcare professional if you have dietary concerns.